Ingredients – Pesto
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves only
- 6 very ripe tomatoes, skin and seeds removed, roughly chopped
- 50g fresh almonds
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- 125ml virgin olive oil
- Salt, pepper
Ingredients – Pasta
- 500g spaghetti or spaghettini
- 100g dried salted ricotta or parmiggiano (freshly grated)
- Put all ingredients for pesto into a food processor and blitz.
- Boil pasta until it is al dente.
- Use slotted spoon to add pasta to pesto and toss well.
- Serve with cheese.